So Consequently, using tangible weapons and worldly methods to fight against him is not applicable.
Scripture tells us to put on the full armor of God, that we may stand against the devils attacks and gain victory.
So what exactly is the full armor, and what does it mean? Ephesians 6:10-18 tells us the answer.
- The Belt Of Truth. The belt of truth means wearing Christ, for He is the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6). In the olden days , the griddle (belt) held together the soldiers garments, to allow for freer movement while engaging in combat and also served to carry the sheath that holds the sword, for east access, meaning the belt has to be worn securely, meaning the Truth must be a close part of us at all times.
- Breastplate Of Righteousness. The breastplate shielded a warriors vital organs from fatal blows. We are confident not in our own works of righteousness, but the righteousness of Christ, by faith, and this will guard us against accusations and charges brought by Satan.
- Footwear (Feet Fitted) With The Readiness That Comes From The Gospel Of Peace. Our feet must be on the go- ready to take action upon command as we advance into Satan’s territory, win souls and reclaim this world for Christ.
- Shield Of Faith. The first line of defense is the warrior’s shield. The devil tries to make us question God and His Word, but holding up strong faith in Christ will be like a solid shield that wards off every doubt.
- Helmet Of Salvation. The head is the most critical of the body, where our innermost thoughts and beliefs are. When the gospel of salvation is securely placed in our mind, we are able to discern between false doctrine and spiritual truth, keeping ourselves from spiritual fatal blows.
- Sword Of The Spirit/ Word Of God. The only offensive weapon in the armor of God is the sword of the Spirit; all others mentioned above are defensive armor. The Sword is the Word of God, against which Satan has no chance. There is no greater spiritual weapon that God’s Word, and Jesus also cited Scripture to ward off the devil when we was tempted in the desert.
Don’t Forget Prayer. Along with all this armor, we are told to pray in the Spirit. In spiritual warfare, prayer cannot be neglected, for it is our plea to God, through which we can draw strength by seeking His a Supernatural power.
All in all, warriors of Christ should take heart, that the Victory has already been Won. God is on our side. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with us wherever we go. (Joshua 1:9)
I have to say. When I was suffering from the bondage that Satan had be under nearly all of my life. I know none of this. And as a new Christian, I knew nothing about the Armor Of God. As I look back on the past and my journey to where I am now. I can see everything put into place my oppression that Satan had me under to the freedom I have in Christ. I sometimes cry tears of Joy because I now know how Our God loves each and every one of us.