Today I want to talk about something that everyone may not be aware of. In Matthew 5:1-12 it tells about when Jesus spoke to the people on the mount. Or the Be-Attitudes.
When Jesus saw the crowds, he went on the mountain side and sat down. His disciples came to Him and He began to teach them. The Beatitudes. He said:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for the will see a God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when people insult you, persecuted you and say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
- Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were who are before you.
Have you noticed that all of these mean one thing. We all have to be in the attitude of prayer.
I also noticed that all these attitudes are so in tune with exactly where we are in America and the world. One thing came to mind as I was writing this. All the people who are against anyone is a Bible Believing are actually doing us a favor. Just by the way they say evil things and persecute us by hating us. It’s scary to think about this. God is here for all of us. Mercy and Grace is available.