This Week is Holy Week. I thought I would give you some ways to detox your soul.
Release negative habits, false beliefs, fake friends, and anything that does serve you.
We’ve all been raised to believe that a busy life is a happy life, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The modern lifestyle does have its advantages over previous ways of living, but it also contributes to the stress and health crisis prevalent in many countries. We have more stuff but let time to enjoy it. We have more doctor’s but less health. It’s time to detox. We have more food, but less nutrition. The,it’s could go on, and on but you get the point.
You can find countless detox methods online for your body, but very few people remember that our soul needs detoxing as well. Modern living is very burdensome on the spirit, so you need to do a cleanse from time to time. This week-Holy Week is the best time to start.
Below are some ways to lighten your spiritual load and spread you wings once again.
Does reading was you just read, sound like anyone in your life? If so you need to realize that they will only change if they want to. You cannot make them change, and you shouldn’t count on it. If someone in your life makes you depressed, anxious, or just not like yourself, then you shouldn’t go out of your way to keep them around. Negative people bring you down, and can even make you sick. Do what your soul craves, and seek out people who will make you happy.
- Remove negative friends from your life. Whether through overt cruelty, passive prioritize their self-interest about everyone else’s. They refuse -or are unable to consider another person’s perspective how their behavior affects others,they disregard personal boundaries, avoid admitting it when they’ve done wrong, and are unwilling to change.
Clear out the clutter. Physical clutter has been known to cause anxiety and stress, which means it doesn’t just affect the space around you, it also leads to mental anguish. One sure way to detox your soul is to minimize your possessions and only keep things you actually need. Once you have a clean living space, the clutter in your mind will start to diminish, too.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Did you know that up the 75% of Americans live in a chronic state of dehydration? People have become addicted to surgery, carbonated drinks that only increases dehydration and insulin spikes. Water is the most natural drink on the planet, yet people seems to have an aversion to it. Making sure you drink at least a gallon of water a day. (1 gallon) How much soda or coffee do your drink in a day, probably close to the amount of water you need. Making sure you drink water, your energy will increase, you will have clearer skin, better digestive health, and balanced gut bacteria to name a few benefits. This will help your body feel better,which in turn give you soul just the boost it needs.
- Eat a healthy diet. When we consume unhealthily foods, our mind and spirit take a beating right along your body. The importance of eating whole, fresh, nutrient rich foods cannot be stressed enough. Proper nutrition helps every function in our body. Keeping your diet in check and detox will help you feel better spiritually as well.
- Meditate. Entire books can be about the benefits of mediation, so let’s just keep this brief, meditation is to spiritual health what fruit and you veggies are to physical health. It can lower blood pressure and heart rate, increase concentration, help with mental clarity, contribute to feeling of peace and even boost compassion toward others. Just sitting and meditating 10 minutes a day and focusing on breathing while detaching from life for a while will be wonders for your soul.
- Be Kind To Yourself. In our fast-paced lives, we don’t spend enough time pampering ourselves. There’s barely enough time to catch our breath. Treating yourself will give your mind a break from all life’s stresses, and will make you happier overall.
- Put a Down Your Phone. There is no argument that technology use has taken away from your quality of life. We send less time talking to one another and more time scrolling mindlessly through useless information. While technology has its benefits the way we use it in everyday life is detrimental to our well being. Use some self-control and restrict your technology use to certain times of the day. You’ll be more present and mindful of your surroundings, and your mental and spiritual health will start to improve.
- Move your body. The benefits of exercise are well known yet so many live a sedentary lifestyle. Moving your body will help free up your mind, which will raise your spirits too. Find a exercise routine that works for you, and stick to it.
Many don’t realize they are killing the selves miserably and slowing.
Send some time with God this week, and work on getting yourself on the right track.
Happy Passover and God Bless You.