It is easy to avoid the topic of Hell because it’s an uncomfortable topic to talk about. Did you know Jesus talked more about Hell than He did anything else in the Bible? He didn’t avoid the tough conversations, and He knew the gravity of eternity.
We all will die, and there are two places we will either end up: Heaven or Hell.
Before we look at these truths about Hell, we need to know how the Bible describes Hell.
Hell is described in the Bible as 3 words:
A bottomless pit, the underworld, the primal deep, The realm of the dead (Psalm 71:20; Luke 8:31; Revelation 91, 3, 11, 17:8; 20:1,3).
The underworld, a land of darkness, a prison (Job 10:21; 26:5; Psalm 30:9; 115:17; Luke 8:30-31; Matthew 11:23; 16:18; Peter 3:19; Revelation 20:7).
A fiery place of eternal punishment where the body and soul are judged (Matthew 13:42, 50; 25::41; 46; Mark 9; 43; 45;47). Gehenna originally referred to the valley of the son of Hinnom, lying south of Jerusalem where children were sacrificed to the god, Molech, as they walked through fire (2 Kings 16:3; 21:6; 23:10; 2 Chronicles 33:6; Joshua 15;8; Isaiah 31:9).
Hell is a fiery, dark, and bottomless pit where there is eternal judgment for those who don’t believe in Jesus and continue to live like they want ￼ to live, just honoring and obeying God intentionally.
The 5 Truth Of Hell
1. Hell is the point of separation from the greatest presence of God (Matthew 13:41-42.
2. Hell is the place of outer darkness and gloom (Mark 8:12; Jude 7, 13).
3. Hell is a place in conscience extreme sorrow and regret (Luke 16:22-24, 27-28; Revelation 20:10).
4. How is a place of fire (Matthew 5:22; 13:43-50; Mark 9:43; Luke 16:24; Hebrews 10:26-27; Revelation 14:10-11; 20:10, 14).
5. Hell last forever (Mark 9:43; Matthew 25:41, 46; Isaiah 66; Jude 7, 13; Revelation 20:10).
I have heard many people say Hell is going to be just one big party. Maybe they say it and make them selves feel better. I really don’t know the answer. But what from Jesus says about Hell In the Bible it doesn’t sound like a party to me.